Recently, people always talk about the importance of video surveillance . And more companies are installing it - because the benefits that this system provides are enormous. Why do we need a video surveillance system, what are its functions and what is needed for design and installation - let's try to figure it out in our blog.
WHAT IS VIDEO SURVEILLANCE AND WHAT COMPONENTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM IN THE OFFICE
Video surveillance should not be confused with a webcam on a monitor or surveillance of employees after hours. This is a complex system that includes the actual surveillance cameras, motion and alarm sensors, a control panel, and often additional components: a remote access system, employee time control and video recording. Surveillance cameras are just a tool of the system. The main thing is video analytics functions , for the sake of which this system is being designed.
WHY DO YOU NEED A CCTV SYSTEM IN YOUR OFFICE?
The office video surveillance system performs several functions at once :
- Provides reliable protection against unauthorized access - from hooligans, vandals or unwanted visitors
- Acts as an alarm , upon receipt of a signal of unauthorized access, it transmits it to the security console
- Allows you to control remote areas, such as warehouses
- Additional protection of valuables - installation of video cameras aimed at safes, expensive equipment
- Subject to integration into the ACS (Remote Access Control System), it performs the function of monitoring the working hours of employees and access control.
- Data from the access control system integrated into the video surveillance system can be transferred to the accounting department for payroll - if hourly payment or a system of penalties for being late is provided.
RISKS OF SELF-CONFIGURING VIDEO SURVEILLANCE IN THE OFFICE
The most important thing in setting up video surveillance is system design. It is necessary to distribute all the premises into zones and arrange the equipment so that there are no "dead" zones: areas of the territory where the camera lenses do not reach. Attackers quickly learn about such zones, so their presence occurs due to the absence of security systems.
It is necessary to calculate how much and what kind of equipment is required to ensure maximum security in the office space. So, for outdoor surveillance, it is worth choosing cameras with an anti-vandal housing that is resistant not only to mechanical shocks and damage, but also to environmental influences (rain, thunderstorm, ultraviolet radiation). For interiors - small dome-type PTZ cameras that are not conspicuous and will not spoil the interior of the office. It is necessary to take into account the angle of view of the lenses, the level of lighting in the rooms, the possibility of night shooting, the type of camera power supply, the method of transmitting the video stream to the remote control, and much more.
ENTRUST THE MATTER TO PROFESSIONALS!
The best approach is to hire a professional instead of attempting to setup a video surveillance system yourself. Financially, you will even win - specialists will immediately select the minimum equipment that, if properly placed in your building, will provide the maximum result. Affordable and fair prices for the design, installation and technical support of video surveillance systems are offered by SENSE SOLUTION. Our security experts will help you protect your office!
Order the design of video surveillance systems from us today!!